For those of you who board Kilburn tube every working-day, why not spruce up your knowledge with these 5 facts about the Jubilee line:
- Scenes from the film Sliding Doors were shot at Waterloo station.
- The Jubilee Line is the only one to connect with all the other Underground Lines.
- The Jubilee line was originally going to be called the River line, then later the Fleet line. It was rebranded the Jubilee line to celebrate the Queen’s Silver Jubilee, just two years before opening.
- Wildlife observed on the Tube network includes woodpeckers, deer, sparrowhawk, bats, grass snakes, great crested newts, slow worms.
- The station with the most escalators is Waterloo with 23.
There’s another 5 more facts which aren’t as interesting, but if you must, 10 incredible facts you might not know about the Jubilee Line
Image credit https://www.instagram.com/romybracq/